- Fundraising ideas
- Guided Fundraising
GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world. It occurs every year at the end of November. This movement is a great way to boost your nonprofit organization’s efforts to raise funds, attract supporters, and share your success.
Since GivingTuesday is a movement without a specific technology platform, it’s up to organizations to find the product that best fits their fundraising goals. Whether it’s hosting a Giving Day, participating in a Giving Day, creating a custom donation form for your website, or launching a peer-to-peer campaign, Bonterra has a fundraising solution that can help you meet your goals.
This guide will cover a few of our fundraising solutions and how you can use them for the next GivingTuesday. Let’s get started!
1. Host a Giving Day on GivingTuesday.
Bonterra Donor Engagement’s Giving Days solution allows you to host a Giving Day on GivingTuesday, empowering your nonprofit to tap into the worldwide recognition of a full day of generosity. This fundraising solution gives you access to the following features:
- A custom-branded Giving Day site with a flexible site builder
- An effective and modern giving experience with secure donation options
- An administrative dashboard to manage participants, view reports, analyze data
- Dynamic prizes and leaderboards to build momentum and engage donors
- Dedicated project managers to guide you through the Giving Day process
By using GivingTuesday as a springboard for your Giving Day website and activities, you’ll be able to maximize awareness, engagement, and donations in your own community. This will help your nonprofit receive the support you need to push your purpose forward.
2. Embed a customized donation form onto your site.
If you don’t host a dedicated GivingTuesday event or campaign, that doesn’t mean that you have to miss out on GivingTuesday’s fundraising potential. With Bonterra Advanced Form Designer, you can embed a donation form directly onto your nonprofit’s website.
A few of this fundraising solution’s standout features include:
- Customizable forms that are brand-agnostic, mobile-friendly, and embeddable
- Forms that can manage designated giving, recurring giving, registrations, and more
- Campaign performance and supporter behavior tracking with advanced reporting and testing
- Widget configuration, allowing you to embed multiple forms with a single piece of code
Embedding a donation form on your nonprofit’s site creates a seamless experience for your donors, making it more convenient to give. This helps to maximize the support you receive and expand your fundraising channels.
You can also create a GivingTuesday donation form as an alternative to a dedicated campaign. Every year, when GivingTuesday rolls around, you can embed this form into your website. Promote this day of generosity to supporters through email newsletters and social media posts, and request that they make a gift through the form embedded on your website. That way, you’ll still be able to leverage the fundraising potential of this day of giving.
3. Create a peer-to-peer campaign for GivingTuesday.
If you’re interested in engaging your nonprofit’s supporters with a different strategy, consider hosting a peer-to-peer campaign for GivingTuesday. Invite your most passionate supporters to raise funds on your organization’s behalf and increase recognition of your nonprofit’s brand and purpose.
To help you do that, Bonterra’s Peer-to-Peer Fundraising solution has the following capabilities:
- Customizable peer-to-peer site branding to showcase your nonprofit’s story and purpose
- Personalized donation buttons that tie directly to the campaign for a seamless donation flow
- Challenges and donation matches to create an interactive experience for donors
- Campaign performance tracking to ensure that you build effective campaigns
- Online library of resources and support articles to make this solution easy to use
Additionally, if you’re not sure where to start with creating your peer-to-peer campaign, this fundraising solution provides intuitively designed campaign templates to help your nonprofit create your campaign in minutes. Our easy-to-use software increases your capacity to improve engagement, foster meaningful relationships with supporters, and activate your community this GivingTuesday.
Empowering your GivingTuesday with fundraising solutions
It’s critical for nonprofits to have an easy and secure way to fundraise online. GivingTuesday provides an opportunity for you to leverage the global power of generosity to fulfill your purpose—you just need the right tools to help you do that. With Bonterra Donor Engagement, you’ll have access to at least three fundraising solutions that will help you maximize your impact next GivingTuesday.
If you’re interested in what Bonterra has to offer, check out the solutions we offer!