- Digital communications & marketing
- Fundraising ideas
- Guided Fundraising
As digital greeting cards, eCards are easy to purchase and can be used to make a donation directly from your nonprofit organization’s Giving Day site. eCards allow your supporters to enter a recipient’s name, email address, and a personalized message.
An eCard campaign allows your Giving Day supporters to easily give back to their favorite causes or initiatives and share the joy of fundraising with their friends, family, or colleagues. This article will cover the ways you can grow your Giving Day fundraising with eCards. Let’s get started!
Expand your donor base with eCard campaigns
eCards are a great way to encourage your community of donors to share their enthusiasm for giving back by inviting others to join them in supporting your Giving Day. They also allow you to increase your philanthropic reach by providing supporters with a whole new way to help your nonprofit work towards your purpose.
Create more accessibility and fun for your supporters by presenting eCards to your community in a variety of ways. Here are a few ideas:
- Expand your peer-to-peer (P2P) strategy: Increase support for your nonprofit’s Giving Day by inviting donors to send eCards to their closest friends and family while simultaneously promoting their P2P fundraising pages. eCards are a natural stepping stone for loyal supporters to share their love of giving back. They will feel good about engaging the community, and eCard recipients will feel good about getting to participate and give back.
- Build a Giving Day youth program: Nonprofits are always looking for ways to engage people of all ages in learning about philanthropy. By creating a Giving Day youth program, you’ll empower young people to learn about local causes and initiatives and the importance of giving back. Encourage supporters to show their children how to gift eCards so your community’s future philanthropists can experience making a gift to organizations of their choice in a fun, unique way.
By integrating an eCard campaign into your Giving Day, you can engage donors across many different demographics, raise more money, and teach people in your community about the importance of giving back. You might even consider creating incentives or matching prizes around eCard giving to build momentum and further your success!
Introduce eCards to your Giving Day
Ensuring your community has a clear understanding of how to purchase and use eCards is essential to your success. Based on your Giving Day goals and your overall fundraising strategy, you can introduce your eCard campaign and make purchasing eCards available during different site phases. You might introduce them during these times:
- Giving Day promotion: As you begin promoting your upcoming Giving Day, you can also advertise your eCards. By launching your eCard campaign at the very beginning of your marketing efforts, you will build anticipation early and have plenty of time to fully educate supporters on the benefits of eCards.
- Launching registration: Take advantage of the Giving Day by advertising your eCard purchase feature during registration. By launching eCards in tandem with registration, your Giving Day participants can help cross-promote the purchase of eCards to attract new supporters. Encourage your corporate sponsors and partners to announce their registration by inviting their constituents to purchase eCards for their peers.
- During year-end giving and Giving Tuesday: Year-end giving can make a significant impact on your fundraising, as 30% of annual giving occurs in December. GivingTuesday is another great time for fundraising, as it is a day dedicated to generosity. Implement eCard campaigns during these times to encourage giving. You can even invite donors to purchase and gift eCards to their friends and family during the holiday season.
By choosing opportune moments to introduce eCards to your supporters, you’ll be able to enhance your fundraising strategy, increase supporter engagement, and maximize giving. Take the time to educate your donors about what eCards are, how they work, and why they should purchase them.
Expand giving year-round with eCard campaigns
eCards have the power to expand your donor demographics and increase Giving Day donations for your community not just during special events, but year-round. If you’re interested in implementing an eCard campaign to enhance your Giving Day fundraising, consider using software like Bonterra Donor Engagement’s Giving Days solution (formerly GiveGab). With a variety of offerings that make it easy to keep your Giving Day site running year-round, Bonterra Giving Days allows you to continue to collect gifts and become a recognized portal to help keep philanthropy at the forefront of your community.