- Coordinating social services
- Digital communications & marketing
- Fundraising ideas
- Human services
Human services organizations, including nonprofits, serve their communities by helping those impacted by disasters, feeding the hungry, aiding victims of crimes, housing the homeless, and advocating for children, among many other causes critical to an equitable and thriving society.
The work your human services nonprofit does and the programs you provide are so important for your community. But these services rely on funding. Growth for donations to human services organizations is becoming stagnant. What do you do if your nonprofit’s own donations start to level out?
Your initial reaction may be to cut back on your programs. But what if we told you there was a way to create efficiency with the resources you have while also increasing your nonprofit’s impact? We’ll explore how you can do exactly that with human services software and answer three frequently asked questions.
1. Why should you invest in case management software for human services?
As a nonprofit leader, you likely see a clear need to create efficient and effective processes in order to increase your funds. But if your staff are happy with your current processes, you might feel reluctant to adopt any changes in your workflow. By investing in and implementing human services software, however, you can improve outdated processes and increase staff satisfaction.
Adopting case management software can reduce staff burnout and participant churn in your organization. The following features save staff time and make their lives easier:
- Intake forms
- Customizable rules and alerts
- Intuitive scheduling
- Automated workflows
Quality software like Bonterra Program Management’s Case Management solution (formerly Social Solutions) offers these streamlined features to take some of the burden off of your hard workers. And simplifying your staff’s lives benefits everyone. When staff are more productive and less stressed at work, they can help you deliver more impactful programs. In fact, organizations that work with Bonterra Case Management deliver three-and-a-half times more programs on average.
2. What can case management software do for human services nonprofits?
There are a few different areas of importance for human services nonprofits that case management software can help with:
- Tracking and reporting: We know how important reporting is to proving your organization’s impact and boosting funds raised from donors and funders. Human services software allows you to track your organization’s progress with easy-to-use reports that you can quickly share with funders.
- Outcomes management: At the panel, a nonprofit leader shared that outcomes management is a massive part of an organization’s growth. Specifically, detailed data is key to evaluating your impact and crafting a compelling story out of your nonprofit’s outcomes. Software can take you beyond limiting, manual spreadsheets and crunch all the numbers for you.
This is only a fraction of what effective case management software can do for you. As you research options, explore the wide variety of helpful features human services software offers.
3. How do you find the right case management software for your nonprofit?
Now that you understand the pivotal impact case management software can have on your organization, it’s time to evaluate your options.
There are many factors to consider when choosing case management software. On top of taking your organization’s budget and existing resources into account, make sure the software you choose includes:
- The ability to track all of your important data.
- Features tailored to human services nonprofits.
- A flexible, intuitive interface.
- Training and ongoing support for your staff.
With all of these benefits, the return on investment of a case management solution is a no-brainer.