- Giving day
- Giving Days
As the number one platform for Giving Days, Bonterra Donor Engagement has supported hundreds of these community-centered events nationwide. Giving Days are 24-hour (or longer) online fundraising challenges that rally groups of people around a particular state/region, cause, holiday/event, or educational institution.
GivingTuesday, known as the global day of giving, is a popular day for fundraising amongst social good organizations and educational institutions. Many of our partners choose to host their Giving Day on GivingTuesday to leverage the philanthropic momentum that is generated on this day and throughout the holiday season.
Check out our list of civic and education Giving Days that Bonterra supported on GivingTuesday 2022.
Civic Giving Days
- 1BurkeGives – Hosted by Burke County United Way. Supporting Burke County, North Carolina.
- Big Give Knox – Hosted by United Way of Greater Knoxville. Supporting Knox County, Tennessee.
- #BrooklynGives – Hosted by Brooklyn Community Foundation. Supporting Brooklyn, New York.
- Cattaraugus Gives – Hosted by Cattaraugus Community Foundation. Supporting Cattaraugus County, NY.
- The Cradle GivingTuesday – Hosted by The Cradle, located in Evanston, Illinois. Supporting families located nationally.
- Find Your Y – Hosted by New York State YMCA Foundation. Supporting YMCA Chapters in New York.
- Give Big Hawai’i – Hosted by Honolulu Magazine and presented by the Hawai’i Community Foundation. Supporting organizations in Hawai’i.
- Give Big Pittsburgh – Hosted by Pittsburgh Magazine. Supporting Western Pennsylvania.
- Give Greene – Hosted by United Way of Greene County. Supporting Greene County, Tennessee.
- Give Where You Live Maury – Hosted by United Way of Maury County, Inc. Supporting Maury County, Tennessee.
- #GiveForDV – Hosted by Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence and National Network to End Domestic Violence. Supporting organizations located nationally.
- #Giving Tuesday 731 – Hosted by United Way of West Tennessee. Supporting West Tennessee.
- #iGiveCatholic – Hosted by #iGiveCatholic. Supporting participating dioceses located nationally.
- MatchDay – Hosted by Western Kansas Community Foundation. Supporting Western Kansas.
- Mid-Shore Gives – Hosted by Mid-Shore Community Foundation. Supporting Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne’s, and Talbot counties, Maryland.
- Panhandle Gives – Hosted by Amarillo Community Foundation. Supporting the Texas Panhandle.
- RCCGivingTuesday – Hosted by United Way of Rutherford and Cannon Counties. Supporting Rutherford and Cannon counties, Tennessee.
- Staffworks Save A Life Campaign – Hosted by Staffworks Inc. Supporting nonprofit animal welfare organizations in Herkimer & Oneida counties, New York.
- United We Give – Hosted by United Way of Wine Country. Supporting Sonoma, Mendocino, Lake, Humboldt, and Del Norte counties, California.
Education Giving Days
- #CUNYTUESDAY– Supporting City University of New York colleges located in New York, New York.
- Giving Tuesday at High Point University – Supporting High Point University located in High Point, North Carolina.
- IP GivingTuesday – Supporting Iona Preparatory School located in New Rochelle, New York.
- PIQE Day of Giving – Hosted by Parent Institute for Quality Education (PIQE) to support schools in California.
- SC State GivingTuesday – Supporting South Carolina State University located in Orangeburg, South Carolina.
- Vanderbilt Crowdfunding – Supporting Vanderbilt University located in Nashville, Tennessee.
Who else can participate in Giving Days?
Any charitable organization can host its own Giving Day or participate in GivingTuesday. Organizations with a large online presence are likely to find the most success as they can leverage their followers’ networks to promote their Giving Day posts to an audience at an exponential rate.
To get ready for GivingTuesday, start building an online community. Analyze social media platforms to see which ones your supporters are most active on, and start posting and interacting with them on a routine basis. This way, supporters will know where to look for messaging from your nonprofit during GivingTuesday and will be accustomed to sharing your posts with their followers.
Additionally, dedicate a page on your website to your GivingTuesday campaign. Include information about your fundraising goal, how to donate, and how gifts will be used to help fulfill your nonprofit’s purpose.
Get ready for GivingTuesday
As we prepare for next GivingTuesday, we look forward to cheering on our incredible partners whose efforts will transform their communities and campuses. Learn more about Bonterra’s platform and how it can help your organization reach new heights on your next Giving Day.